Friday, February 11, 2011

Fourth Sin

So I finally fixed that leg of Virtue's - I creatively decided to apply yet even more tape. It looks a bit angular now, but it's nothing unbelievable. Unfortunately, while fixing Virtue's leg, I discovered that Sin had decided to decapitate itself, so that also had to be fixed (after a generous amount of Yorick jokes). In any case, by the time we started overlaying the figures with paste, the two were reassembled.
Work went along smoothly. A bunch of us managed to finish with the paste, so we brought out the hairdryer to speed  things along. At this rate, we might be able to start painting by Tuesday - which, now that I think about it, still isn't too spectacular in regards to time. Six periods of work shouldn't be underestimated, but next week will be our last in this workshop. That gives us six periods to finalize pasting, paint, and photograph everything before sending them off to auction. Not to mention the time spent drying anything that's been pasted again.

My own pieces are alright. Like I said, they've been assembled despite reasonably minor setbacks. I'm done with papiermache, so all that's left for me is painting and figuring out where to buy some tiny chains to connect the two (Margaret suggested a hardware store, which sounds about right). Ugh, now that I think about it, I haven't really thought about how I'd attach the chains to the figures. Sin has a few paperclips protruding from beneath the newspaper, so I can hook a couple there, but the rest of his body is still uncooperative. Virtue is the same, having no exposed clips to speak of. I might end up having to papiermache some more just to connect the chains... Which is pretty time consuming.

Oh yeah, and we also remembered that we were supposed to document this workshop. That hasn't been going too well. I think somebody mentioned documenting her work on her own, which I thought was smart - I only have the one picture I posted before, which I just did on impulse. At least we got a few pictures today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Justin, I saw small amount of chain for sale at Michael's! They had a good variety and I think the scale would work well with your figures.

    I like that "Sin decided to decapitate itself." This connects to the self-destructive nature of vice.

    ReplyDelete