Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gems of Green

Envy is a form of motivation.

This is a simple dream (that, or I completely neglected to remember the interesting parts). The day goes about as it normally would for me. I remember being driven to the school, walking through the halls, etc. I remember being in the art room, with everyone talking to each other as usual. The conversations aren't that notable. What is notable, however, are the crystals.

The art room, the halls, and as far as I can tell the entire world is encrusted with radiant green crystals, shining brilliantly. Magnificent pylons, more solid light than stone. They vary greatly - some gems are no larger than half my thumb, and some others are easily my height, or perhaps the size of half a car. Most of them are in clusters, surrounded by smaller, similar gems. Some seem to sprout from the surface of the earth, bypassing any flooring in their way. Others are embedded on the surface of desks and shelves and such. They all have a nice, soothing shade of white / green. It's not neon green, like that of cheesy neons signs that Chinese restaurants seem to be so fond of for who knows why, but... It's hard to describe a natural equivalent. They are very light, but not blinding. It's just a very subtle, wonderful tint of green. Actually, the light green of the this blog is pretty close (I had the dream before this blog).

I don't remember doing anything particular with the dream, but I don't recall them being interesting to anyone. We just kinda treated them like furniture.

...Green is my favorite color. It used to be orange, then purple (I must have a thing for secondary colors), but green really should be my favorite color. In psychology, green is the color of creativity. It is the color of life. It represents envy. It is associated with sickness. The heart chakra is depicted as green. It is used to represent pro-environmental views. It is associated with money. It is the color of decay. It is the color of unluckiness.



Incidentally, many of my remembered dreams simply have my regular lifestyle coupled with irregular additions. I'll be behaving as usual while something bizarre stands in the background. I once had a dream where I stayed at home on the computer all day while a giraffe stood in the corner. The giraffe even had a hole in the ceiling  so it could poke it's head out, which extended through the roof as well. I never really figured that one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment