Friday, February 11, 2011

Library

Another dream entry. I should really be doing more of these, if only to keep better records.
Mairead said she had a lucid dream the other day, which was spectacular. Although I have to admit, my first impression was closer to envy than excitement (envy's a bit of a problem for me, now that I think about it. Maybe I could've ran with that during the workshop, but it's a bit late now). Ooh, trivia time. My email, RenegeYes, is an anagram of GreenEyes.
Anyway, turns out lucid dreaming isn't that uncommon at the school. Mairead is already accomplished, and she says James Lopez has some experience with it. I know about some other students who have some sense of it (how much I don't know), so I should really be taking advantage of that fact.


Anyway, this one is, shall we say... Poorly recorded. I waited too long to write about this one, and I've forgotten too much about it. I can at least make out the setting, a few characters, and the general idea behind it. And maybe one or two significant scenes.

It's a dark room. Not dark like in The Complex, where everything is overshadowed, but dark like the furthest reaches of an unlit room. The room is vast, but not endless, and I feel that somewhere in the distance is an entrance through which I arrived - naturally, the entrance never appears again.

Everything in the dream appears to be lit by candlelight - at least, that's the impression I get. Thinking about it, there's really nothing to suggest candles. The light doesn't flicker, any extraordinary temperatures escapes my notice, and most notably, there are no candles to be seen. I still feel it's candles though, and everything can be seen quite clearly. But when I say "everything," I exclude the floors and walls and ceiling of the room.

This is a competition. People are working to get ahead of one another - in one area, people are climbing haphazardly over the dull green bars of something resembling a playground structure (vague description, I know, I just can't remember the name of the damn thing). It's one of those giant boxes made out of bars, crisscrossing over one another. I can't remember how tall this thing is, and I forget if it was endless or not. In another area, school desks are placed facing one another, forming a single, vast file of two desks facing each other, their occupants sitting either across from one another, or to the side. The occupants are focused on writing. There's something about this particular set-up (the desks), that I can't seem to remember... Maybe there was more than one file? No, maybe the desks were walled in like cubicles. Maybe the tower from before is close to it... Ugh, I can't remember it at all. This is why I should write earlier.

Anyway, they're competing over a book. It's a dark green book with golden text on the cover and tanned pages. I never look inside, but I know that it's not the book that's valuable, but the text inside. I get the feeling that it tells part of a story, whose author is dead.
There is a single person of interest. I'll name him person A, Adam (you're all familiar with my naming system: Adam, Barry, Cale, Daniel, Evan, Alice, Bridget, Celia, Daria, Eve, etc.)
Adam, who oversees the proceedings is a tall man with dark skin, his eyes obscured by a pair of round sunglasses - his eyes are all but invisible. He has thin dark hair, which was either (I can't remember which) swept back, flat against his scalp, or just matted. He has a mustache, but no beard. He wears mostly tan and white, and is wearing... something formal. I think it was some kind of tanned tuxedo or something. Adam is showing me the desks and the playground tower, along with various other trials and tests. He presents each one with a casual gait and a sweeping motion with his arm - he does not regard me with either contempt nor preference. I know that Adam is the author of the book, despite also knowing the author to be dead. Adam looks very much alive, of course, but the death is not disputable.

Eventually, Adam takes a position atop a short elevation - something resembling a cross between a stage and a pyramid, with a wide flat top. He hoists the green book into the air and flings it outwards, where it knocks into my arm and falls to the ground. Even as it soars through the air, the people seated at their desks and those on the tower follow it's path and chase after it, jumping and sliding over the ground to get it. Dream ends.

1 comment:

  1. A good strategy to remembering your dreams is to run then over and over again in your mind if you don't have time to record them. The more you think about it, the more your dreams are brought into your conscious mind.

    My dream blog link is this by the way:
    http://clone6510-dreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete