Friday, February 4, 2011

The Complex

So I figured I should post a dream or two. I haven't posted any of my dreams since I mentioned lucidity, and I feel like I should at least write down a few recent ones, while they're still fresh in my memories. Especially since I explicitly said I would.
As for progress. I still haven't achieved anything resembling lucidity. I still play the bystander role in my dreams, watching them unfold - there's never any deliberate action on my part. My memories still fade quickly, and sometimes I have trouble distinguishing my experiences in dreams from my experiences while I'm awake. Despite what Inception may have taught you about the latter, it's really not a terrifying concept. It's usually harmless, and after awhile it's just annoying more than anything.
I did advance a little though. I'm starting to remember the dreams I have during the week, short though they may be. I forget a lot about them, but at least I recall the general scenarios.

The Complex
I don't distinctly remember myself being in this dream. I remember about five teenagers my age being involved for the majority of it. All five are friends with one another. At least two were male, and at least two of the others were female. Two of the five were of notable importance, more so than the other three. I'll name these two Person A - Alice, and Person B - Barry.

How it started is a blur, but I remember a couple of details. Alice and Barry are in love, but they've recently had a falling out or something. The image of the two of them in a car comes to mind. They somehow manage to end up in a huge dark room, with a high ceiling and gray concrete walls. There are large windows, possibly a metre or two across and three metres high in size. The windows are far too high to reach, however. It reminds of me an industrial complex. It's late night outside, with a deep blue sky and a bright moon (the only source of light). I don't notice any doors, and I get the feeling that Alice and Barry are trapped.

I remember Alice and Barry speaking to each other in the darkness with hushed tones. They are sitting on the ground across from each other, but they seem hesitant to make eye contact. Their three friends are also inside the room, joking with one another along the edges of the room. I notice that they are standing and moving around. The joking is in the vein of making fun of each other, but they take it in stride. They don't seem to notice Alice and Barry, and they don't seem to be making any attempt to escape.

After some time, Alice and Barry leave the room, through a door in the corner (I don't recall it being there before). They're holding hands and leaning against each other, but they don't look much happier. I'm noting now that they look cute, but that's off topic. Anyway, when they leave the room, they enter a short hallway of more concrete walls. It's very well lit, as opposed to the darkness of the room. This is the last I see of them. And this is also when the dream starts getting... Weird.

The three friends poke their heads out of the door, which was left open by Alice and Barry. One of them immediately notice an Ice Cream Vending Machine (once again, I do not recall that being there). I'm going to mention that I get the feeling that these three people are idiots. In any case, they turn their attentions to the machine and fret over it for awhile, instead of moving on.

Something catches their attention at the other end of the hall, where Alice and Barry walked. They turn and I see some more of the building. I'll give both a diagram and a description.

They are standing in a short hallway that ends in a larger room (larger than the hall, not as large as the first room). I will call this area room2. It continues into an even larger room (room3), without any walls separating the two. All three rooms are built of gray concrete, and are well lit. I get the feeling that this building is exceptionally vast, but bare.

Room2 has another hall, to the left and adjacent to the hall in which the three friends are standing in. It leads to a darker area, but I cannot see it. I do not think Alice and Barry entered it. There is also a staircase leading to a 2nd floor on the right. The 2nd floor is dark. Somebody is sitting halfway up the steps, who I will name Cale. I'll go into detail about him later.

Room3 is a bit harder to identify. I do know that it's larger than the first room, and better lit than the second room. I feel like it may have doors or more hallways, but I can't seem to recognize them. I do feel like room3 is brighter than room2. Room3 has at least one window, much like the windows in the first room.

In the center of room3 is a blonde haired girl, who is looking up at the window. She, Daria, turns around, and I can't identify her face. She does not move from this spot.

Cale sneers wickedly. He is far easier to identify. He too has blonde hair and pale skin, with heavy eyelids and black, fierce eyes. His hair is short. I feel like he's Daria's brother, or related to her in some other way. They are both of my age. He stands from his place on the stairs, and I notice him clenching his right arm, which appears to be severed at the elbow. In place of his forearm is an axe, and the spot between axe and stub appears to be covered in... Blue ice cream? Yeah, blue ice cream. Make of that what you will.

Cale walks up to the three, and suddenly I'm in the dream, as if I've been here the entire time. He approaches me threateningly. The three friends cower at the vending machine. I somehow feel relieved about him being technically disabled, because that makes him less intimidating... At which point he swings out his left arm, which has been clenching this "severed" arm, only to reveal that he was hiding the rest of his right arm in his sweater, like a child pretending not to have a head. His axe (which somehow became a cleaver) is now in his left arm, and he's holding it in front of him with a grin as he approaches.

I try to take the cleaver away from him, but he flourishes it and tries to cut my wrists. I try again. He scares me back. I try again, and he repeats. We do it over and over again, exactly the same way, and I'm not making any progress. He hasn't managed to cut me yet. It continues indefinitely, and the dream ends.

Daria and Cale seem familiar somehow. I think I've seen them in some other dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment